What's A Human Doing Here!?[Snack and I]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's A Human Doing Here!?[Snack and I]

Post  Talcen on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:13 am

Anthos walked about the town with his head hung low and his feet trailing miserably behind him. He had been laughed at earlier and ridiculed for telling the jackalopes here that he really was human. He still did not understand why they acted like he was insane when he really is human. I mean really why would a rabbit be working for ShinRa? He slumped down to the ground under a tree and looked up at the blue sky. It was pretty here, he admiteed silently to himself, but it wasn't home. And that was where he wanted to be right now. A twig snapped and he looked up to see a jackalope staring down at him. "Uh hello? Can I help you?" he asked quietly. He really didn't feel like being made fun of again so he kept his real thoughts to himself. Afterall it was bad enough that several jackalopes already thought he was insane.
Talcen

Rhunes : 182

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's A Human Doing Here!?[Snack and I]

Post  Snack on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:17 am

Monroe shrank right down, seeming to shrink two sizes. He had been lurking about among the fringes of the forest, trying to come up with the courage to actually go into town. He had a small bundle of his herbs and some of the prettier flowers strapped to his sides. But it looked so...busy! Everyone was moving about and talking and going on with their lives. It made his heart pound to even think of going in among all of them, never mind actually speaking up. He could already feel all those eyes zeroing in on him.

So wrapped up in his own little drama was he that Monroe didn't realize that he had wandered into some other jackalope's resting place. And an intimidating specimen as well.
"......!" He said, mouth opening and closing silently a few times before Monroe was able to get anything out. "I-I'm terribly sorry! I didn't mean to disturb!" He all but shouted, panic making his voice go up an octave as well.
Snack

Rhunes : 149

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 3:06 am

"No, you're not disturbing me." He smiled kindly and looked more closely at the jackalope. "So you're gathering herbs? Do you work as an herbalist?" Anthos hoped that at least this jackalope wouldn't laugh at him for being strange. He got up and offered his paw to shake. "Anyway I'm Anthos Kronos. What's your name?" He might as well try to make friends since he was most likely stuck here for a while.
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

"I am Monroe...." Monroe said, uncurling a little. He looked at the extended paw for a moment, not sure what was wanted of him. But after a moment he hesitantly placed his own on Anthos's. "And I am something of an herbalist, yes." He admitted, adjusting his pack. This jackalope, though intimidating, was not at all as mean as he looked. Though everyone looked mean to Monroe. His heart was slowly beginning to cease it's racing and pounding in his chest.

"W-what w-were you doing all the w-way out here?" He asked, scooting a little closer and getting under the shade himself. The day was turning out to be quite hot. Monroe worried that his flowers and herbs would wilt before he got a chance to sell them.
Snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

"Uh well....just escaping the heat and hustle and bustle." Anthos shook Monroe's paw and sat back down. "It's nice and quiet out here." He smiled and looked up at the sky admiring its beauty. "I'm not from around here so I kind of feel like an outcast. I guess that's why I like to be out here alone. Where I come from you can't see the sky because it's always covered with cloud and smog. I never even missed the sky as I was used to it being gone, but now....I really like it." he said mostly to himself.
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:18 am

Monroe blinked rapidly, surprised into speechlessness for a moment.
"Thats absolutely terrible!" He cried, when he'd found his words again. "Not being able to see the sky....how could you even live like that?" He asked, rising from his frightened crouch to stare earnestly at Anthos. "I do not think I could have any hope of living in a place like that. No, no!" He shook his head almost violently, ears flapping loudly. A shudder ran through him at the very idea, fluffing out his coat for a moment before settling back down.

"Ugh!" His face scrunched up. "I don't suppose it w-would have smelled very w-well either?" Monroe asked, almost dreading the answer. Anthos's previous home did not at all sound like a place he wanted to visit. "You couldn't grow anything there, I'll bet!" Monroe muttered to himself, clearly becoming quite incised about the whole affair.
Snack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 3:03 am

"Well....there was one place that flowers grew quite well, but everywhwere else the soil was dead as dead can be. And if you live your entire life in a place like Midgar you kind of forget the sky even exists." Anthos really did see why it was a big deal for there to be no sky. It wasn't like the world would end without it. "Anyway don't you have to get your plants in some water? they look like they're about to wilt." He pointed to the flowers at Monroe's side.
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top