Wandering Thoughts (P; Wyvern & Mousey)

Go down

Wandering Thoughts (P; Wyvern & Mousey)

Post  Wyvern on Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:12 am

The rising sun lighted up the temple in silence. It indeed was a quiet day for Oddin, for no one was visiting the temple at that time. Though an unusual-looking Jackalope appeared, pacing around the hill where the temple was. "So... this is Oddin, huh? How... quiet." Neku said as he wondered what could lie in the beatifull temple. He heard others might live in it, but he wasnt sure since it was silent. He walked in the large, marvelous entrance of the temple, looking around. Amazed, he thought that he could find an answer to all the questions he had, knowing that the temple helps other Jackalope. He wasnt sure how or when, of course.
Wyvern

Rhunes : 85
Location : If you stare long into the Abyss... The Abyss stares back at you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandering Thoughts (P; Wyvern & Mousey)

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

Carved out white marble, the temple sat a stark contrast to the reddish-coloured ground that surrounded it. The greenery was fading out now, about a mile or so further along and it became quite clear that you were in the Ochre plains. As it was, Oddin, the spirit that was, hadn't moved for much of the day, leant against one of the several pillars within the cool temple. The stone was cold against his fur, but he didn't seem to mind. He opened his eyes and sat up slightly, as if suddenly determined to look less like a statue than he had done for the past half an hour. That might have had something to do with the bright-coloured figure that walked through the door. Oddin's ears flicked slightly as he moved forward to greet this traveller.

"Hello?"
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

View user profile http://burrowsofaeris.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Neku stopped. He just heard someome pass by, or maybe it was just his imagination. Turning to the door he just passed, he looked around for whoever could be there. "Is someone... there?" He said to himself as he heard steps again. He then found a mysterious, but god-like Jackalope standing by the entrance. Amazed, Neku just stopped walking and looked at the Spirit. He also, once heard there were guardians of some places in Aeris, and he thought the Jackalope there was definetly one. "Hello? Who are you?" He asked to the Jackalope, just to make sure he was talking to the right rabbit.
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

Ah, the jackalope didn't seem to be too wary of him, that was always a good start. He let the question hang in the air for a moment, as if deciding how best to answer. Perhaps he was just pausing for dramatic effect, either way, it was a moment later he opened his mouth to answer. "I am Oddin. Known best as the elder Spirit of Oddin's Peak. One of the eleven that guard Aeris in fact." Again Oddin paused, this time to consider the strange jackalope before him. "And who would you be?"
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

"Oddin... just like this place is named... Wait, you´re not the only Spirit? There´s 11 of them out there? Who?" Neku seemed to have a lot of curiosity, but he didnt threw all his questions at the Spirit. He asked what he did first to make sure if Oddin would mind being asked more things. Neku then shook his head and forgot in introducing himself upon the Spirit. "My name´s Neku... Neku Sakuraba. I came here because I was told this place holds many things related to how Aeris was made. Well, somewhat..." He said as he wasnt sure of what he heard.
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

Oddin looked faintly amused as all the questions spilled from the jackalope's mouth. "Slow down, I won't be able to keep up with you, otherwise. I am one of many spirits, but one of the eleven Elder Spirits. There is one for each defined area within the island, from Fenris in the north, to my brother, Ochre deep in the south." The spirit nodded at the other figure's introduction. "Nice to meet you. I have searched many years trying to find the answers you seek, who knows, perhaps you will have more luck than I."
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern on Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

Neku scratched and shaked his head, a little embarrased. "I-im sorry. I was just carried away with this feeling like you might do. Im just glad to have met someone like you with a lot of knowledge about Aeris..." He replied, aware of losing his little patience. He felt like he was rushing the Jackalope into answering what he´s looking for. He had to admit he was quite inpatient. He then took a deep breath, "So... how was this temple made?"
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:40 am

"It's quite all right. Things have gotten rather confused over the past few months what with us returning. Infact, I have a good friend of mine putting together a history of Aeris, probably as we speak. Hopefully this will sort out any confusion... We haven't been particularly clear." That was a habit of their's, being vague. Really they needed to sort that out. "You see, I often refer to Ochre as my brother. We are actually twins. Infact, we are the only set of twins within the group of the eleven Elder spirits. An Elder Spirit may have a brother or sister, if part of an area becomes a place within it's own right... It breaks off an another spirit is called fourth to protect that area. So, as the village of Brandr was once part of Logmarr Forest, Logmarr and Brandr are brother and sister. If you understand. I've always guarded over this piece of cliff and the surrounding area for several miles. There's actually a spring here, it runs deep, deep under the temple. I put the temple here when I became interested in the origins of Aeris. It was then my coat changed colour and I really realized why I'd been, 'chosen' to protect this bit of Aeris."
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 1:17 pm

"So when you werent a spirit... You made this temple yourself? But... how..." Neku was finding every bit of what Oddin said quite intruiging. He never thought the Spirits would have, like, siblings. But Neku also found this a little odd: The spirit before also had the same questions just like him, and now the temple has, somehow, all what Oddin knows about Aeris. How did he became a spirit, then? Is there another being that´s superior to the Spirits, or something? He was a little confused, but he wanted to ask things little by little.
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

"Well, there was a vein of white marble here. We have some control over the place we protect, Logmarr for instance can make trees spring up from nothing and flowers bloom in the spring. Svanhildr can make the tide bring plenty of fish so that the fishermen that come to her town don't go hungry. Shaping the marble was no different to that, you see." Oddin answered slowly. As powerful as they seemed to be, their only control was within the borders of the area they'd been destined to protect, he'd actually know jackalope with more impressive powers. It was their long lifespans that really set them apart from the average jackalope.
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:56 am

Neku then thought that all Spirits only were strong enough to protect the part of Aeris they reside on, but then he renembered that aside from the 11 spirits, there were a few others that didnt really protected anything. "What about the other Spirits? So are they stronger or weaker than you?" He asked, as he heard walking from behind. "It depends on their purpose as a Spirit." A golden Jackalope appeared at the entrance of the Temple. "Hello Neku and Oddin. I came here for a walk, yet glad to see both of you." Xyval slowly began to walk to the other two Jackalope. "Xyval? Arthur told me about you, but I never thought he would mention me." Neku replied, but then went back to his question, "But anyway, so I supose that you´re a bit stronger? Since Arthur also told me that you used to fight on your early years as a Spirit, so you had some kind of power." He said as Xyval nodded, though with the time her power began to fade away. What remains she will only use when she finally gets the chance to defeat what she´s been always looking for.
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down