Stroll Alongside the Lake (Private, me & Zola)

Go down

Stroll Alongside the Lake (Private, me & Zola)

Post  Xeno on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

"Are we there yet?" Darwin asked while trying to steady his breathing. He and Aislin had been walking for what felt like hours because their owner sent them to find something around Lake Valdis on top of Mount Eira. Their strange owner wouldn't say what it was but she said it was important and left it at that.

"We'll be there soon, Darwin. Just be patient." Aislin replied to the Jackalope. Her legs were hurting but she knew they couldn't take a rest until they got to the lake. Their owner had sent them to find something around the lake and they would keep going on until they found...whatever it was their owner was looking for.

"Are we there yet?" Darwin asked again. His feet and legs hurt and all he wanted to do was to rest, even just for a few minutes.

"No, Darwin. We are not." Aislin sighed. Her patience with the Jackalope was wearing thin. She then padded to a stop, her keen ears catching the sound of something moving in their direction. Darwin sighed with glee when he fell to the ground, happy to finally rest. He obviously didn't catch the sound of whatever was moving in his and Aislin's direction.

(And you may post now, Zola. Happy )
Xeno
Xeno

Rhunes : 155

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stroll Alongside the Lake (Private, me & Zola)

Post  Jobie on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

Julia and Christopher

Julia hopped along beside her brother, a little weary of the lake before them. It was big and filled with water, like most lakes where, but the water was what scared her the most. When they were kits Julia had almost drowned, and had been terrified of water ever since. She glanced at her brother out of the corner of her eye, still keeping an eye on the lake. "Why are we out here?" She asked shakily.

Christopher glanced at his younger sister when she asked him why they were out there. He scoffed and offered a smirk. "Because, sister, mother and father are busy today, and Dove is out with Phoebe. So I'm in charge of you, and I want to go to the lake," he said. He knew that Julia was afraid of water, but Christopher thought it was time for Julia to get over her fear.

Up ahead of them Julia saw a jackalope and aelur. She wondered who they were, but then decided it would be better to stick with Chris. After all, he was her brother. But all of a sudden a pair of arms was around her and dragging her toward the lake. She screamed loudly and kicked at whoever it was. She cried for help, but then she was dumped into the water, the arms still around her and preventing her from surfacing.

Christopher held onto his sister, trying to get rid of her fear by making her face it. But then his sister bit him and he released her. He cursed beneath his breath as she splashed to the surface, still crying for help. "Be quiet, you fool, someone will hear you," he hissed into the other jackalope's ear. But Julia didn't stop, she cried out and kicked and thrashed.

((Okay, I hope what I did was alright. :3))
Jobie
Jobie

Rhunes : 150

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

"Did you hear that?" Aislin asked Darwin. She was sure she had heard something walking their way. After all, an Aelur's hearing never failed before.

"Hear what?" The Jackalope replied. He didn't hear anything but then again, a Aelur's hearing was something that never failed. Or so he heard before. But they both did hear someone crying out and kicking and screaming from the Lake.

"Someone's in trouble!" Aislin said out loud.

"Then we have to help them!" Darwin started up and raced towards the Lake as fast as his tired legs could take him. His Aelur friend quickly followed but she then stopped.

"Darwin, watch out for th-" Aislin's warning came to late as Darwin fell into the lake and only his horns could been seen sticking out of the surface. "Lake...Oh, Darwin..." The Aelur sighed as the Jackalope surfaced and spitted out water.

(Your post is fine, Zola. And sorry for not replying sooner, I've been fairly busy with Finals.)
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:08 am

Julia's thrashing suddenly stopped when she heard someone else splash into the water. It was a wonder she heard the other over her own splashing and yelling, but her sense of hearing was very good for a jackalope. Christopher took this as a chance to push her beneath the water again.

Julia managed a big breath of air before she was shoved beneath the lake's surface again. But she also managed to bite her older brother once more. Christopher released his sister once more, cursing beneath his breath because she had outsmarted him again. Next time, he would hold her where her teeth couldn't reach him.

"Leave me alone," Julia said in a hushed, angry tone. She glanced to where the unfamiliar jackalope was now in the water, then noticed the aelur still on the bank, hoping that they wouldn't suspect anything about her brother. She didn't want others to think bad of him, even though he was a mean brother that liked to pick on her especially. It was times like these where she wished she could get away like Dove had. But it wasn't possible. She had to stick around for her mother's sake.

Christopher looked at his sister with a smirk. He could tell she was afraid of what the new jackalope and aelur would think of her and him. Christ didn't really care, but he played along anyway. "Hey there, newcomer," he called out to the other. "Care to go for a swim with us?"

Julia looked away from everyone, staring nervously at the water as she barely managed to keep her head above it.

((It's alright, finals deserve the utmost attention. :3))
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

"Uh, no thank you!" Darwin yelled back, walking up onto the bank of the lake in order to at least try and get dry.

"I thank you for the offer but I'm afraid I must decline." Aislin called back to Christopher. "But may I ask your names?"
Aislin paused and meowed before running a few feet from Darwin as the Jackalope shaked the water off of his coat. Aislin only glared through blind eyes at Darwin and the fortune Jackalope only laughed a bit and smiled sheepishly in apology.

(Thank you for understanding, Zola. Happy And I'll be able to post more over the weekend now that I've finished finals.)
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

((So sorry for the wait. I've been busy and my muse has been dead. Really Sad))

"Awe, too bad," Christopher said with a chuckle. He continued to paddle his feet so that he would stay afloat. "The water is so nice," he added with a wink. "I'm Christopher, but you can call me Chris, if you'd like," he continued. Then he flipped lazily onto his stomach and watched the other creatures on the land. "I think my sister can introduce herself," he added with a smirk.

Julia swam toward the bank of the water while Christopher was distracted by the strangers. She climbed out and onto the dry ground, where she shook the water off her coat. She was caught off guard by Chris's comment that she could introduce herself. It wasn't that she couldn't, she just wasn't expecting him to let her. So, she shot a glare toward Chris before smiling at the unfamiliar jackalope and aelur. "I'm Julia," she said softly as she looked the pair over. "Who are you?" She added curiously.
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 1:26 am

(It's fine, Jobie. I understand. Big Grin I myself am sorry for not replying right away, I've been very busy as of late.)

"I'm Aislin and the rather strange Jackalope is Darwin." Aislin merely glanced her blind eyes over to Darwin (It wasn't hard to hear him as he was rather loud) as the Jackalope was trying hard to get some of the water out of his ears. It was easy to say that he pretty much was failing rather epicly at it. "It's nice to meet you, Julia."

"Yeah, nice to meet ya!" Darwin grinned as he continued to try and get the water out of his ears. "Wah!" He exclaimed when he hit his head on the ground hard when he was trying to do a handstand in an effort to get the water out of his ears. Aislin only face-palmed..err, face-pawwed in response to Darwin.
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:44 am

"Nice to meet you guys too," Julia said with a smile. The aelur and strange jackalope seemed rather nice, much nicer than her brother. She watched as the jackalope, Darwin, tried to get the water out of his ears. It was comical to watch, and Julia found herself giggling at him.

Christopher was still in the lake, but he was a little jealous of the attention his sister was getting. He shot a glare at the three on the shore, then climbed out of the water. Once on shore he shook the water from his fur, sending water flying. He noticed he got Julia wet, which caused him to smile with pleasure. But then he caught sight of Darwin. He sneered, if that was indeed possible for a jackalope to do. "What were you, dropped on your head when you were a kit?" He said with a dark chuckle, the way he said it sounded more like and insult than a joke.

As Christopher came onto the shore, Julia stopped her giggling. Just his presence with them seemed to frighten her. When the water from his fur was flung onto her, she merely glared at him and shook it off of her. But then he insulted Darwin, which Julia found quite rude. They had just met the pair, after all. "That's not very nice," she said quietly as she looked down at her feet, hoping her brother wouldn't hear.

Christopher shot a glance toward Julia, "You think I care? We don't even know these guys," he said with another chuckle.

Julia glanced at the pair, a pink, embarrassed blush creeping up her cheeks. She opened her mouth to speak, to apologize for her brother's rudeness, but no words came out. She promptly closed her mouth, a look of helplessness across her face.
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:24 pm

"Like Julia said, that is not a very nice thing to say." The Aelur said to Christopher. Aislin was the type to usually watch things going on the the sidelines, it was a small part of her personality. But like anyone else, she didn't like it when someone insulted a friend of hers.

"No. My head wasn't dropped at all when I was a kit." Darwin replied to Christopher. "I just happen to be a bit mad!" The Jackalope laughed. It was true, Darwin did seem to have, how their owner put it "A few screws loose." in that head of his. No one knew exactly why though. It was mostly thought to be just the way he was, and everyone was fine with it.
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:16 am

Julia allowed a small smile to appear on her face as the aelur agreed with her. Many other creatures she came across were frightened by her brother's tendency to be rude and heartless. She was glad Darwin seemed to be taking it well though, as if he hadn't realized he had been insulted.

"A bit?" Christopher scoffed. "You're more than a bit mad," he added with a smirk. He glanced at Julia, sad to see a smile forming on her face. "What is that look for?" He scowled.

Julia glanced at Chris, fear starting to appear in her eyes. "N-nothing," she stuttered.

"Good," Chris said, although he had a feeling his sister was lying. "We have to get going then," he added commandingly. "I've heard enough from these losers," he continued on.

Julia bit her lip, looking to Aislin and Darwin. She didn't want to leave the pair. They seemed like fun, especially compared to what they rest of the day would be like spent with Christopher alone. "N-no," she said quietly. "I don't want to go," her voice seemed to get a little bit stronger and louder as she continued to speak.

Christopher was a little taken aback by his sister's words. Shocked, really. He glared at her, but didn't say anything yet.

((Sorry about Christopher, he really is a mean bully, I don't mean to offend you or anything. I actually do quite like Darwin and Aislin. :]))
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 6:08 am

Aislin didn't say a word, only hearing what was going through her keen ears. Though she had to agree with what Christopher said about Darwin being more then just a bit mad. But when Christopher said that he and his sister were going to leave, that surprised her a bit. But when she was about to say something, Darwin cut her off completely.

"Come on, it's obviously that your sister wants to stay." Darwin said to Christopher with a rather crazy grin. "So just stay for a while."

'Darwin...' Aislin thought to herself. She would most likely never understand Darwin but the strange Jackalope had a point.

(It's fine, Jobie. Happy I'm not offended at all. Your characters are amazing and I like them.)
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Christopher's eyes left Julia to travel over to Darwin. He would much rather leave so that he could torment his sister without interference, but he could tell that the other male wasn't about to give up. He rolled his eyes. "Fine," he grumbled.

Julia's eyes lit up. "Really?" She sounded incredulous, surprised her brother had not argued further.

Chris rolled his eyes, glancing away from the group. He didn't like to appear nice in anyway, but it seemed to peak out a tiny bit. He sighed heavily. "As long as you lot don't bore me," he added with another smirk.

((Okay, thanks. :]))
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

"Don't worry, as long as I'm around, nothing will be boring at all!" Darwin laughed like a madman in reply to Christopher. He proceeded to put his paw in the air though why, no one knew.

Aislin sighed. "Don't you mean "We", Darwin?" She said to the Jackalope. Darwin's face was rather priceless when he thought about what Aislin had just said.

"Er, right..." He laughed rather sheepishly to Aislin as he scratched the back of his head. "Sorry!" The last response from the crazy jackalope's mouth prompted another sigh from Aislin.

"The master was right. You do have a few screws loose in that head of yours!" The aelur sighed again but more heavier then last time.

( Big Grin Also, sorry about replying so late, I've been busy. Blush )
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Christopher rolled his eyes. Of course Darwin would think Chris wouldn't be bored. "Whatever you say," he said with a shrug. He looked nonchalant, but behind his eyes a plan was forming. A plan to make a fool out of his sister, one way or another.

Julia giggled. "I agree with you, Aislin," she added with another laugh. Darwin really was a little off his rocker. She glanced at Christopher, a sigh of her own escaping her lips. She knew he would find a way to ruin the friendship forming between herself and the two she had just met. She tried to put the thought away, willing herself to think happy thoughts. "So, what do you guys want to do?"

((It's alright. Happy))
Jobie
Jobie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeno on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

Aislin herself smiled a tad bit when Julia laughed in agreement with her. "Well..." She paused to think. "I'm not so sure really." She didn't usually play games and when she did, they were usually aelur games or something that was calming and easily considered boring.

"We could play hide'n'seek! Or Tag!" Darwin butted in with a grin. "Then again, Aislin might not be able to play tag due to being blind. She might not be able to play hide'n'seek either but she could easily hear someone with her keen hearing... " And Darwin just keep on rambling and rambling and rambling...

(Thanks, Jobie. Happy )
Xeno
Xeno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down