The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?]

5 posters

Go down

Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Empty Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?]

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:33 am

Well... Almost. On the 5th of May The Burrows of Aeris will turn one. That's no mean feat for a little forum like ours! You may be wondering why I'm posting this now, rather than in May, but there's a very good reason for that. You see, a couple of spirits(of the antlered persuasion rather than the alcoholic or dead varieties) came to me and started talking about an abundance of a non-native creature throughout their lands. Now, they'd like you to find some of these creatures and take them home! However, there's a catch. The catch being that no one has caught one of these yet.

So, that's up to you!

Mark a roleplay topic with [Hunt] and as you post, you'll be in with a chance of stumbling across one of these! It may take a little while, but the more you post, the more likely you are to find them. ^^ I'm not at liberty to say what kind of creatures these are, but you'll find out soon enough. So, get RPing!

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Empty Re: Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?]

Post  amanda784 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:11 am

Ohhh...!!! I like it!

amanda784

Rhunes : 450

Back to top Go down

Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Empty Re: Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?]

Post  auntslappy282 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

Yes, go. Rp, have fun. ^^
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 29 Apr 2012, 9:45 am

Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Alleycat1Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Alleycat2Aerisaversary! [NEW SPECIES. Yes. Another One. ... Amazing, isn't it?] Alleycat3

... Whatever could these strange and rather mystical looking creatures be? They are unlike anything you've ever seen! The far off eyes and smiles full of mirth are clearly signs of how kind and benevolent this new creature is. How noble it's brow is and how faithful it's heart must be, though barely looking at this creature for more than a moment you are certain that it would sacrifice-

Oh! Wait. Sorry, wrong script. Let's try this again.

Actually, they're just cats. Just cats. The meow-y things you sort of find sitting on drives and glaring at passers by. If it helps... These do appear to be rather cheery cats. Though Noble is sort of pushing things a bit... I mean... Look at them. They're just cats. If you fed them a mouse, they might be a bit faithful... Though only until it's worked out that you have no more mice.

>>> <<<

These are Alley Cats the humans brought them over when they first came to Aeris and since then the population has just about quadrupled, they're regarded as something of a nuisance in the town of Greystone. Most of them a flea-bitten mutts who've clearly come from a long and varied line of just-about-every-breed-of-cat-known-to-man. This, mixed with increased amount of magic that is floating around Aeris, has seemed to create a completely new breed of cats. The people of Greystone, as original and inventive with names as we all know they can be, seem to have christened these creatures alley cats. Possibly failing to release that these rather chatty creatures may not take too well to that. In fact, at the time, I don't think they realized they could talk. These animals are used to living by their wits and are exceptionally sneaky as a general rule, much more so than the mischievous aures. They prefer to go unnoticed, keeping to the more populated areas of Aeris. Some of their ancestors, the regular cats, started to be bred for colour and exotic markings, hence why there's so much variation in the species. The more extravagant coloured alley cats tend to consider themselves not alley cats at all and often come with a pedigree to prove it. These creatures also seem to be a distant relative of the aures.

Most alley cats have a small amount of magical potential, less than the other species of Aeris, but they do possess a great deal of natural talent. If not the magic to go with it. Many of them are brilliant at casting illusions, some can even appear human for short amounts of time. They never actually change form, as it were, but they just make other creatures see things the way the alley cats want them to see them.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 29 Apr 2012, 9:47 am

I'd also like to point out that there will be a shop for these guys very soon! Just once I've finished typing it out and such.

Secondly! Anyone who posts here asking for one, will get a free random alley cat!. Though please note that these will all have natural colour schemes. :3 For no reason in particular, just because I like natural colour schemes and I'm incredibly bored.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

Awe, they are so cute! I love cats. :3

Can I get a random one? I actually like the idea of having natural color schemes. :]
Jobie
Jobie

Rhunes : 150

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

Ooh~ I would love to get a free one! /flails. X3 They look like lovely creatures. ^^
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

Holy... Cats? CATS?! HNNNNG CATS?!? YEEEEEEEESS. <333 They're sooo adorable, and I just love the pose!I never understood this, though... are the Aelurs cats? If so, are they related to the Alley cats in any way? Or something? xD

But yes, I'd love having one of those! Im going to try buying a custom right away when the Shop for them is open. Thanks Mousey, wonderful work as always. <3
Wyvern
Wyvern

Rhunes : 85
Location : If you stare long into the Abyss... The Abyss stares back at you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:48 pm

Okay, I'll try to get your randoms done soon! ^^

The Aelurs are feline-type creatures, very much like cats. They're the... 'Aeris' version of cats. Alley Cats came off the boats when the humans got here and the species mutated a little bit over time because of the difference in environment to give us Alley Cats. ^^ They're sort of related, them all being felines, but only very vaguely.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down