Hunters and The Hunted [P]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunters and The Hunted [P]

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:37 am

It was hot. That was putting it very mildly indeed, you could have called the whether hot about thirty degrees ago, right now it was sweltering. The sun was just starting to make it's hazy decent and Tuthmosis could only imagine how hot it must have been during midday. He'd managed to sleep through the worst of the weather, but his companion, unfortunately, had not. Tiberius Dmitri Abrachinsky the foruth was in an exceptionally bad mood. Worse than his usual bad mood. "I don't, know why we have to go out here and hunt bloody moroi, for starters they're not going to last long in this heat and secondly, it's not even dark yet! They won't be out now!"

His bronze-furred companion shrugged slightly, brown eyes scanning the ground for any signs of vampire activity. "Well, Czarina does know best. She's been doing this sort of thing for years, I mean-"

"She's probably just doing this to annoy us. Admit it."

"You're probably right, Tibby."

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

View user profile http://burrowsofaeris.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunters and The Hunted [P]

Post  BookBorrower on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:53 am

Benjamin crept through the shadows of the cliff, watching the other two creatures. He was only a small rabbit from any one else’s eyes, he was 10 and had been for some time now, he was a vampire but as he would tell you he was not only a vampire but a pirate. He in fact was not a pirate but always thought he was. There was many creatures on the desert so it was quite strange to him to see the two strangest jackalope he’d ever seen sat there talking to one and other.
BookBorrower

Rhunes : 120

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:00 am

There was a slight noise, Tuthmosis would have put it down to someone else's breathing, but he knew well enough that the creatures he were looking for didn't breath. Perhaps it was the sound of something not breathing. Either way, there had been a noise and Tibby had heard it too. The pink jackalope's ears flicked slightly. On a desert that was seemingly devoid of life, any noise other than themselves was odd. "Did you...?"

"Yeah. I heard it."

There wasn't much chance of this being what they were looking for, but even a stray Aelur was better than nothing right now. They walked along the sides of an ochre-coloured cliff. It wasn't long before they stumbled upon Benjamin. "Hey, kid, are you lost?" Tibby's voice was purposely careful. The pygmy jackalope would have been above suspicion any other day, but here? It seemed a little odd.

Tuthmosis didn't feel up to a fully fledged wampyr. Not again. Not ever again. Please let it be normal. He prayed to no one in particular.
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BookBorrower on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:12 am

Ok now he'd done it, he'd made a noise not a loud one but enough to be herd by the two jackalope near him."Lost no i'm not lost the question is are you lost?" They didnt seem to bright, but it wouldn't be the first time he had thought that about someone, and it turning out not to be quite the case.
BookBorrower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:22 am

At the smaller jackalope's retort, Tibby actually burst into laughter. "Oh spirits, you are a riot." He said, pretending to wipe a tear of laughter away from his face. Tiberius was generally regarded by most as 'not a very nice person' he'd been called 'not a very nice person' in many, varied ways. Ways that weren't often repeatable. Tuthmosis dug a claw into his shoulder. "What?!" He demanded.

"We're not lost." Tuthmosis replied. "Actually, we're just looking for something in particular. It's quite important actually, that we find this... thing. Our boss-" Here there was a slight indignant sniff from Tibby. He hated thinking of Czarina as his boss. "-Wouldn't be happy if he didn't find this... thing." His tone was distinctly evasive. "I... don't suppose, you may have, say, seen any vampires anywhere?" It was a phrase carefully calculated to draw any would-be vampires out of hiding. Well, that was the plan anyway. Tibby was already looking at him as though he was completely mad.

Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BookBorrower on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:35 am

"So your not lost good to know,but you're looking for a vampire?" This was not good news for Benjamin for as you now no he is one,so instead of telling them he was one himself he went on to ask a bunch of questions." Can I ask why your looking for a vampire in a place like this were the sun is most likely send them in to flames?" This benjamin thought was a very good question.
BookBorrower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:43 am

"Because our boss sent us." Tuthmosis said, knowing that as he said it wasn't exactly the coolest answer he could give. He couldn't quite see Tibby's expression, but he knew he'd be rolling his eyes. Well, it wasn't like there was any other reason they were traipsing around the Ochre Plains, were there?

"Well, that's our strategy, isn't it? And it's none of your business. We have a plan. That's why we're looking for vampires in the sun. Besides, the sun will have to set and then we might actually find a few moroi or something. We've heard complaints from a couple of the creatures that live around here." He huffed. "It's easier to find their crypt during the day then murder them before they can wake. It's basic stuff, kid. Ever read Dracula? Epic tale of heroism and jackalope."

"The humans wrote-"

"Shut up, Tuthmosis."
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BookBorrower on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:57 am

Ok this was not going how he had planed, but i guess it could be worse."Well you are crazy then good to no, and hear i was thinking you were ok, guess not." It wasn't the best idea to say this while the sun was still up, alough it was sinking fast. Benjamin new that there was no moving out of the shadows untill the sun was down but as always his mouth ran away with him,and now he had to be nie to them so they wouldn't figure out he was a vampire, and throw him out in the sun to fry.
BookBorrower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:07 am

"Crazy? Crazy is a little harsh, we were going for unusual." Tuthmosis replied, grinning. "I really get the feel that you're not who you say you are. Well, you haven't said who you are at all, and that's kind of the thing that's worrying me, y'know? You can say we're crazy, but leverets don't tend to end up in the Middle-Of-Nowhere without their parents. ...What are you?" He was looking faintly nervous now. He was the one who had to play bait for these monsters, it was he and Pemala who had to wait in the dark for the wampyrs. This was why he was here, because he couldn't hack it with the proper vampires. Czarina and Caldwell were the proper vampire hunters, Tuthmosis had just wandered in while on holiday!

"Oh, where are our manners? I'm Tiberius Dmitri Abrachinsky the Fourth, my friend here is Tuthmosis. Just so you don't have to ask." There was something in his smile that was unnerving. It contrasted horribly with the bronze jackalope's nervousness.
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top