Venture of The Spirit [Event!]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Venture of The Spirit [Event!]

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

Domino felt some frustration in chasing a pygmy Jackalope. While she was fine and dandy traversing the caves, slippery and unpredictable as they were, she had a bit of a distaste from cramped spaces. The size of their group didn't help matters, either, and had she been heavily claustrophobic, she would have freaked out by now. With some effort, however, she kept her cool. In coming to the wider area and the fork in the road, she heaved a sigh, having been holding her breath near the end in some strange attempt to make her feel less large in the small corridor.

Her bright eyes narrowed as she eyed each of their pathways, but nodded her head to Monjack's directions. She wasn't about to argue, but she easily noticed that the buck had separated Diesel, and herself in the process, from the males that weren't out of their species or already appeared to be mated. It made her chuckle, actually, since all the doe plus Misery and Vincent, would be going together, while all the other bucks would be in the other group. Not that she minded, of course, since it wasn't as if any of them bothered to speak to her anyway and she wasn't too keen on being flirted with during such a venture.

"Have fun on the all-boys team," she commented, her gaze scanning across the opposing team. She had no idea what the Aures was, gender-wise, but it was out of their species anyway.

"We should get moving quickly," she suggested after a moment, her eyes scanning all of her team mates. "We quicker we are, the quicker we solve this puzzle."
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

Rhunes : 75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm

Eridan followed close behind Diesel and Monkjack into the cave. He wanted to stay as close as possible for fear he may slip behind the group. He moved his head lower and lower as they made there way through the tight cavern as they chased after the Pygmy Jacaklope. He was happy to be around some Jackalopes, especially ones that might end up being his friends in the end. He shook the thought out of his mind, knowing it was stupid. Why would any Jackalope want to be his friend, or even Mate? He sighed at the thought.

When they got to the fork in the road, Eridan was expecting to be split into groups, and he hoped he would be with Diesel, but of course, Monkjak would never allow that. He listened to Monkjack talk. He nodded. He turned his head over to Domino as she spoke, a sneer on his face. "We will, and we'll also find the Jackalope before you," He said, his eyes narrowing. He turned back to his group and nodded towards the hall they would occupy. "Lets go, shall we?"
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clack on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:33 am

After successfully leading Essery into the tunnel, the aures returned to its perch on his antler, chattering contentedly to itself. Absentmindedly, Essery wondered if there were any words thrown into that bundle of sounds. He listened close, but it just sounded like muffled laughter almost. Well, as long as it wasn't hurting him was all he could really ask for.

To say simply, the tunnels freaked him out. Dripping water echoed all over the walls and he kept stepping in puddles. The aures was enjoying itself, chattering and flapping its wings every time it heard one of its friends. Essery couldn't pick out the different voices, though, and gave up when he started getting a headache. Vincent's candle helped quite a bit, and the aures on his head could see fine he thought, since it kept leaning this way and that, trying to lead him everywhere. Of course, this lead to stumbling and falling and an even worse outcome than if it hadn't tried to lead him.

Chasing after a pygmy jackalope in the dark really hadn't come to mind when he'd first considered coming on this journey. It's good to keep your mind open, right? He ended up running in the long run, trying to keep up with the group with constant aures chatter in his ear. Splitting up really didn't sound good either, but he didn't really have a choice he supposed.

He followed Monkjack into the tunnel with the rest of the split group, wanting to ask if this was a good idea and if Monkjack knew where he was going, but not wanting to get yelled at by the feral jackalope.
clack

Rhunes : 180

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Xaviar chittered as he flew about a tunnel happily. Yes this was the perfect place to practice his alchemy. He landed on the ground and scribbled runes down on the ground, and then a rather large fire sprouted up from the ground filling the tunnel with light. He smiled as he began to dump his supplies out from the pouch that was hidden away safely in his mane. Vials of all sorts of things skittered about the floor and paper and quills tumbled out as well. "Alright! Now to get started on my work and prepare simple formulas to teach the locals." He got straight to work and did not notice the sound of approaching footsteps from further back in the tunnel.
(I hope this okay.....if not I can do somethign else.)
Talcen

Rhunes : 182

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsumi Mahon on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

Staying close to Misery's side, Serena followed the others. "Are we close?" she asked. Suddenly, she ducked, and just in time. She had almost hit her head on a rather large stalactite that was hanging perilously close to her head.

"Serena, be careful!" Misery chided his mate. "I don't want you getting hurt. Especially not so far away from home, where I don't know where to find help if you were to be hurt."
Kitsumi Mahon

Rhunes : 200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

(( Righto! Talcen, you're with Monkjack's lot. :3 And let's just pretend that Essery's aures had a candle too. ;3))

Everyone:

Ah, so they had noticed. Monkjack had been beginning to think that he'd gotten away with that, Domino didn't miss a trick did she? "Well, if you're bothered by it, I could switch Essery for you."
"I don't think so, Monkjack. Er, it's just easier this way." Pfft, looks like someone else was being overly protective. Well, they were certainly alike in that aspect. "Besides, I bet Essery is the strong, silent type. Much better than you, who never shuts up." The minute Monkjack's back was turned, she mouthed an apology at the blue/white jackalope, probably incase Monkjack decided to eat him later.

At Eridan's comment, Diesel rolled her eyes. "Now, now, play nicely you lot."

"Be careful guys, and good luck. Remember to shout if you find anything." Monjack called, before walking down one side of the tunnel, Diesel watched them go before quickly hurrying down the other tunnel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monjack's Group:

There was something about Monjack's demeanour that changed, the moment they split up. He seemed to become increasingly urgent and he kept looking back at his group in a worried kind of way. Muttering things like 'Keep up, keep up'. He seemed to be constantly listening for something, and his ears flicked back and forth constantly as he walked down the slimy tunnel. "I hear something." He said at last. Picking up speed his nimble feet found places to grip among the rocks. He was rather surprised and a little disappointed when he just found another aures in the tunnel.

"We're looking for the spirits," He said quickly. "Do you know anything about them?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Diesels group:

This particular tunnel seemed to be quite steep in places, and the white furred jackalope, too found herself worrying about those she travelled with. As they got further and further in the tunnel, the sound of gushing water could be heard. Picking up speed, the group found themselves next to a river within the caves. The dark water was fast moving and you couldn't even guess how deep it was.

"How on earth are we going to cross that?" She asked, incredulously. Diesel looked around helplessly for a moment, only to see a stone tablet by the side of the river it read;
"Theory and myth do aspire,
The fear of both thief and liar,
More powerful than knight or king,
For I am a beautiful and terrible thing,
W h a t A m I ?"

The tablet was clearly visible to everyone, and she looked around at them all. "Well, what do you think it means?" She asked, while she had her own ideas, she didn't want to make a move without consulting them all first.

(( Yup, simply homemade riddle for you guys, to kick of the challenge. First one to post and get the answer right wins a little prize. If you're not in Diesel's group, don't answer it please. They'll be challenges for you, too. <3 And please ignore how sucky my post is, I'm just getting to grips with the new format of my replies. ;A;))
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

View user profile http://burrowsofaeris.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

"That depends on what kind. I've met plenty of spirits in my time." Xaviar chittered cheerfully if not a bti crypticly. "If they're jackalope spirits then no. I just got here recently. I'd even be surprised if the other aures here know who I am. Anyway I'm Xaviar Smith and I'd be more than happy to help you find these spirits. After all my previous profession had me dealing with such things. Just let me gather up my stuff and I'll be more than happy to sniff them out." He began to quickly gather up his stuff and called forth the flame to himself and kept it floating mid air just a few feet from his face. "Well what are we waiting for!? Let's go!"
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 5:41 am

Eridan watched Monkjack with an overlooking and slightly worried gaze. He didn't like the way he completely changed when they broke up. It was almost worrying him. Almost. He still didn't like Monkjack, but he knew he'd have to put up with him. He followed behind, right on his haunches making sure not to over run him at all. He pricked his ears and twitched them when Monkjack warned him of hearing a noise. He listened, hearing the same noise. He ran faster as did Monkjack. He turned to make sure he wasn't leaving any of his team mates behind.

Once they got to the aures, he sighed He was rather disappointed. He was hoping for something at least slightly interesting. He listened to what the Aures said and was fascinated at his fire. He was always trying to get his Science to work, but the wands he had left after he was banished weren't the best. They didn't work for crap, but maybe this aure could help him? He walked up to the Aures and smiled. "How is it that you keep the flame lit? Is it Science? What kind?" He asked curiously.

((Riddles? ;3; I'm not gonna win anything am I? -is the worst at riddles-))
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clack on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:13 am

Essery understood Diesel's apology and thanked her with a small nod of his head. The strong silent type? No one had ever called him that before. Still, Monkjack worried him slightly. He had grown to trust the other buck more than he had at the start, but he didn't know him that well. he would rather follow him into these tunnels than go by himself though.

Monkjack's alertness kept him on his own toes as he stuck near the back of the group, still trying to keep close. The new noises surprised him, but he guessed it wasn't odd to find another aures in these tunnels. Speaking of aures, Essery looked up to check on the one stuck to his antler who had fallen quiet. The aures wasn't chattering anymore but instead was just looking around with all those eyes, the candle he had setting them all in light. Did it sense something? He wondered why it wasn't excited to see another of its kind.
clack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:23 am

Monkjack's Group:

Despite being a little odd, the little aures seemed helpful enough. Perhaps he might even come in useful on this little journey of theirs. Monkjack nodded. "Xavier, right." Slightly amused at the bat he continued down the tunnel. As he went it seemed to become even more narrow and even more slippery, he cast a worried glance back at everyone hoping that none of them would slip on the way. If one of them fell here, they'd have no way of treating any injuries. As he was walking down the tunnel, something glinting caught his eye.

A little vial? He couldn't help but shudder when he looked at the red liquid, it was most definitely blood. But what on earth was such a thing doing around here? He picked it up in his paws and handed it to the Xavier, it seemed like his kind of thing. "No idea what that's doing here, but look after it, it might be important."

When he looked back through the tunnel again, he caught sight of something golden. "Guys! It just went through there!" Monkjack yelled, picking up speed again. Drat that little pygmy jackalope, they'd better catch it this time.

(( Also, I gave Aunty permission to bring in another character for Diesel's team since that side of the RP is getting a bit... slow. And also, Talcen, that vial of blood is yours. It's purpose shall be revealed soon enough. >3 ))
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 7:13 am

"It's through alchemy, which is indeed a science," he answered. "It involves years of training and studying to perfect." Xaviar was not surprised that the other aures did not chitter happily at him. He was a stranger after all, and not really one of them. Xaviar softly screeched to himself for Monkjack getting his name wrong, but quickly got over it and accepted the vial given to him. He carefully tucked it away inside his little pouch for safe keeping. Suddenly Monkjack yelled and took off running. Xaviar chittered and flew after Monkjack beating his tiny wings as fast as he could. Darn those jackalopes were fast.
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 on Mon 15 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Eridan listened intently to what the Aures said. He nodded in reply and began to focus on the path in front of him, slipping and falling on his face, his glasses falling off his face. He cursed under his breath and pulled himself up, grabbing his glasses, thankfully not broken. He limped slightly, probably pulling a muscle or something. Well, thats what he though, but his foot began to hurt more than he would expect. He sighed, limping slightly, but not wanting to show he was injured. "I'm fine," He mumbled as he made his way down the tunnel, after the others.

When Monkjack came to a stop, he took the opportunity to look at his foot. It had swelled more than he had hoped and it was probably dislocated. He sighed and snapped the bone back into place, a grunt of pain only escaping his mouth. He stood back up, a shot of pain shooting up his leg, but he would not dare let that show. He followed the group until they broke out into a run. He ran as fast as he could, making it still in front of Xavier, but not by much. "Grab onto my antlers Xavier!" He said, slightly slowing down so the bat could grab on, but had full intention to run like the wind after he latched on, even with a dislocated foot.
Kanaya sang quietly as she graciously hoped in the caverns. She didn't really know where she was going, but here seemed like the best place to do some adventuring. Her skin cast a slight bright glow on the walls surrounding her. She sang a song in a language not understood by any creatures on this planet, but that of her home planet. She hoped graciously until she was at a tunnel that had two ways to go. She pricked her ears, hearing noises down both, but the one on the right had noises closer. She nodded and hoped down the tunnel, not thinking twice.

She made her way down the steep tunnel when she made it to a small group of other Jackalopes and a bat thing. She smiled and then coughed slightly to get the lots attention. "Hello! I don't exactly know what you're doing down here, but I'd love to join while I'm out here. I'm Kanaya by the way," She said, her voice reflecting that of a person with much wisdom. The mysterious glow still rather prominent, though. She smiled and then walked over to the tablet and read it. She mulled it over for a little bit and then smiled. "I think this'll help you cross. The answer is the Truth!" She said with a slight smile. She felt rather happy with herself, and was excited to venture with the group.

((I hope thats fine. XD;; Just wanted to get stuff rollin' for ya. X3))
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny on Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:49 am

Domino's ears flicked in a very frequent manner as the sound of running water became more and more present. When they reached the river, she stared down at it. Surely, if someone fell in, they would die. With a current that strong, even if it was fairly shallow, it would still spell bad news for them.

She approached the tablet alongside Diesel, her ears flattening against her skull as she read. "How annoying," she grumbled to herself. No one else seemed to be taking any tries at it at all, though she doubted she would be the one to solve it even if she tried. She liked riddles, but her mind didn't seem to be all there any more. "My first guess is 'vampire,' though I doubt that is what it is referring to," she said, her eyes first glancing toward the primarily white doe and then to the others. Hey, vampires stole blood while pretending to be a regular human or Jackalope, they were certainly powerful, and some legends told of their beauty in which they used to attract their prey.

Of course, she doubted her answer, since it was a very random one at that, and they were soon joined by yet another Jackalope, this one appearing out of nowhere. Somehow, she felt quite bitter, with Kanaya pretty much appearing out of nowhere, just as she originally had. And, better yet, she had an answer that seemed much more likely. All the while, her eyes had narrowed toward the new doe, without her realization. When she did realize, she looked away, shaking her head.

"Hello," she commented quietly. Though it was very strange to see a random Jackalope in a cavern, and she wanted to question it to some degree, she was pretty sure that everyone else would eventually welcome them.
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Fri 19 Aug 2011, 5:38 am

Monkjack's Group:

Despite the fact that he disliked how Eridan acted around Diesel, it didn't stop him caring about the fact that he was injured. Not wanting to slow down all that much he turned to the other jackalope. "Hey, you okay? Because if you aren't just stay back here and once we catch it we'll come back for you." He noticed Xavier lagging behind a little, and if Eridan stopped, he would mind the aures hitching a ride on his head.

Diesel's Group:

Diesel herself was nonplussed at the riddle, and Vincent was, as usual, no help. He peered at the riddle for a moment, before giggling to himself. This was clearly one of those tests he'd mentioned earlier, the white jackalope couldn't help but think he knew the answer to such a riddle but, obviously, he couldn't say a word. At Domino's suggestion, he shook his head, furthering her suspicion that he did know the answers. It was beginning to infuriate her, actually.

When the new jackalope appeared, Diesel jumped a few inches into the air, and quickly turned round. Upon realizing it was just another jackalope she relaxed, though one had to wonder what else she expected to roam these caves. "We're looking for the spirits." Diesel said slowly, a barely audible note of distrust in her voice. "... Might I ask what you're doing down here?"

Vincent wrapped his tail around her antlers before dangling himself infront of her face, a silly Cheshire cat grin on his face. "Oh, Diesel, you is forgettink somethink. Namley, me!"
She was not amused. "That's because you're perfectly capable of introducing yourself."

With that Vincent jumped off her head and glided toward Kanaya. "Oho! I am Vincent! And you remind me of somevun. 'Eee's name is Eridan, don't know vhy, though." He watched the jackalope as she mulled over the answer, and upon her saying the word 'truth' the sound of chains could be heard rattling throughout the cavern and slowly a bridge was lowered across the river.

"You're a genius, Kanaya! Let's head go, then, shall we?" Her previous distrust vanishing (for the most part, anyway) she headed across the bridge. By the end of the bridge sat three items, a skull and two lamps.

"Domino, you'd better take one and Kanaya you'd better take the other one." She glanced at the skull for a moment before adding. "Kanaya, you'd better take that long as well, if you can. I don't think it would be here if it wasn't important, no matter how gross it is."

The path that they were now faced with was extremely thin, and it ran parallel to the river they'd just crossed. It looked sturdy enough, but they were going to have to go singlefile.
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsumi Mahon on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:34 pm

Ooc: I believe I got skipped...sorry I haven't been on, internet stopped working for quite some time -.- Hope it's ok if I jump back in?

Ic: Misery followed Diesel, looking back every now and then to make sure that Serena was with them still. The tablet's words left his face scrunched in thought; for the life of him, he couldn't think of a single answer! Now, however, a newcomer was giving the answer. Eyeing the person suspiciously, Misery growled, "What's with all the odd strangers joining us? How do we know that this person doesn't have our death in mind?"

Serena rolled her eyes, but didn't dare speak up against her mate. Instead, she simply shook her head, hoping that the newcomer wouldn't be too upset by Misery's harsh words.
Kitsumi Mahon

Rhunes : 200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 1:41 am

"Alright!" Xaviar latched onto Eridan's antlers tightly for fear of falling off. Suddenly another jackalope turned around and asked about Eridan's foot. "I can fix it!" he chittered as he flitted down and removed a marker from his pouch. He quickly scribbled a few runes down on Eridan's foot and soon they began to glow, mending the injured foot. "There you go! Good as new!" He flew back up to Eridan's antlers and latched on again. "Let's go before we lose everyone!"
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clack on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:26 am

The aures gave a little squeak and started to squirm on his perch, sending Essery off balance and almost colliding with the cave wall. That just seemed to agitate the aures even more. Upon the discovery of the vial he strained to get a look and know what was going on, but with the aures on his head wiggling and squirming around that was becoming increasingly hard. Did it not like the blood or something? Well, the thought of having strange blood in a vial made Essery a little uncomfortable as well.

And then they were running again. By using the light of the candle it was easy to see where he was going and he was thankful to the little aures that had chosen to use him as a ride. Graceful he was not and he wasn't too good at running either. It was a comfort to know he wouldn't have to run in the dark, at least until the candle burned out.
clack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:44 am

Eridan stopped when the Aures told him too, but he nodded to Monkjack, though he wasn't fine. He watched the Aures work, a little dumbfounded. He blinked a few time and then moved his leg, feeling that it wasn't fractured or whatever anymore. He waited for Xavier to get onto his antlers, and then began running with the group again. "Thanks Xavier," He said before running after the group. He didn't want to get to far behind. He continued on his way, rather thankful for everything He wouldn't back down now, or wait. He needed to show the group he was strong and not a liability.

Kanaya smiled at all the 'warm' welcomes she was receiving. She understood though, considering a Jackalope with slightly glowing skin and large fangs tend not to wander around caverns. She continued to smile as she answered the questions asked. "Well, I'm fairly new around here, so I decided to check a few things out. And spirits sound like fun! I hope you don't mind terribly if I join you guys," She said. Kanaya blinked at the bat a few times. Eridan? Eridan was here, in this tunnel? Her heart skipped a few beats, and she blinked a few more times. "E-Eridan is here? Oh... That's good... Did he cause you any trouble? Was he mean or anything? How is he?" She asked, acting as a worried mother would. "Oh, but yes... We... Are technically.... Friends. Yes, we are friends, and I'm trying to find him! But I wont bother, if your in a group or something, I'll make sure to stick around then," She said with a slight smile.

Kanya smiled at Diesel. She was the one who was giving her the warmest of welcomes, which was nice. She nodded and grabbed the things, sticking the Crystal in her Belt type thing, along with the skull. She turned to the Jackalope who was talking about people joining in, a dark look on her face. She licked her lips slightly and said, "Maybe not just death.... Maybe.. A succulent treat?" She said with a dark laugh. She turned back to the bridge, her normal self back. She walked forward and said, "Let me go first, just in case it falls in. I'd rather me be a lost cause than the rest of you," She said, making her way across the bridge.
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:09 am

(( Yeah, it's fine Kitsumi. Sorry, I had to skip you. xD; Though we've got no real posting order now, so yeah. <3 ))

Diesel's Group:

"And what if she is going to kill us all? I'd be four against one, so unless you're all conspiring against me, which is highly unlikely, I don't think we've got anything to worry about." Diesel said flatly in response to Misery. While she still was a little sceptical of Kanaya, it was more a slight wariness than anything else especially since a few things about the jackalope seemed... off. At the talk of Eridan her ears flicked up and she suddenly seemed rather curious... So Vincent's feeling had proven to be correct. "He's been trying to impress me, though I think my, er," Mate? Was Monkjack really her mate? To Diesel they didn't quite seem that set in stone... 'Chased off by my, er... it's complicated' didn't sound nearly as good. " My er, mate chased him off." She said awkwardly after a moment, her relationship with Monkjack was pretty irrelevant at the moment, anyway.

Diesel was slightly shocked at Kanaya's willingness to go forward first. If the path crumbled, she'd tumble into the water, and judging from the fast running water she might not survive long. Even if the others were suspicious, she couldn't help but like Kanaya. After all, she seemed nice enough, whether it lasted was another matter entirely, but they could cross that bridge when they came to it.

The path didn't seem to widen, infact it seemed to go on forever. In parts it seemed to crumble away and while the rock wasn't particularly slippery, you still needed steady footing to walk along the ledge.

Without warning, upon turning the corner the path crumbled infront of them, tumbling down into the fast running river. Diesel stopped and came up beside Kanaya looking down into the river. She gritted her teeth and carefully she picked up a rock and threw it at the other side, it bounced of the edge though no rock crumbled with it. Diesel took several steps backwards and it became clear what she was intending to to. Running up toward the edge of the rock she jumped propelling herself into the still cave air. She landed, slightly awkwardly on the otherside. She looked back toward her group expectantly. "Er, if you don't think you can make it head back into the main tunnel and we'll see if we can find another way and come back for you." She paused for a moment before adding. "There's another lantern back here, I guess Misery and Serena can get that one."

Monkjack's Group:

Well, apparently they did have a way of healing injuries and his name was Xavier. It was a stroke of luck that they'd come across him in the tunnels, no doubt he'd prove invaluable in time. Monkjack slowed down a touch, catching his breath a little, and that was when someone shining in an alcove in one of the caves caught his eye. Two lanterns! It seemed the tunnels were riddled with such things. He grabbed the ring at the top of one in his jaws before hanging one of Emery's antlers and handing the slightly smaller one to Xavier mainly because if he'd put the other lantern on Eridan's ears it would have hit the poor little aures on the back of the head.

Once again Monkjack caught sight of the golden jackalope except this time it didn't disappear into thin air. It seemed to stay where it was, and as he got closer he could see why. It seemed to have been caught in a hunter's trap, it looked pitifully up at them all. And he even though he was dying to demand answers from it, he could clearly see that it was in pain and that their first port of call was to get it out of the trap.
"How do we get you out?" He asked it, only to get silence in reply. "Darn it. Can't you speak?"
The jackalope shook it's head.
"Right then, do you know how we can get you out?"
It tilted it's head to the side, an odd expression colour it's face.
"Ah, you can't tell us, can you?" He didn't bother waiting for an answer and instead he started looking around for something that he could use to get the jackalope out of the trap. That was when he came across an odd riddle carved into the limestone.

'What goes on 16 "legs" on the morning,
Wraps itself away in the afternoon
And has six legs in the evening?'

Despite not being the most intelligent jackalope in the world, Monkjack noticed there was something a little but odd about it. "What's with the quotation marks on 'legs', that's a bit odd, don'tcha think?" He muttered outloud before turning to the golden jackalope. "Do we have to solve this to free you or something?"
It nodded.
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

Relieved that Eridan had been healed, Essery followed Monkjack farther down the tunnel. When they came across the lanterns the aures latched to his antler chittered a bit and then blew out the candle wrapped in his tail. They wouldn't be needing that anymore. The candlestick then dropped to the ground and rolled a bit. Using the light from the lantern hanging from his antler, Essery found the candle and picked it up. They might be needing it and he wasn't about to take any chances.

Finally they came across the pygmy jackalope, but it was caught in a trap. Why would someone be hunting way down in these tunnels? For spirits maybe? Seems they weren't the first ones to come up with the idea of hunting for spirits. He peered around Monkjack, trying to read the the riddle in the lamplight. "I think it means that they're called legs but technically the term isn't correct. Like table legs." he said quietly, reading over the riddle once again. "I think it's...a caterpillar?" he looked to the pygmy jackalope for confirmation. Essery wasn't sure if caterpillars had sixteen legs but he knew butterflies had six after being wrapped in a chrysalis.
clack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:32 am

Domino's ears raised up as the chains clattered and the bridge fell into place. When all was said and done, she heaved a gentle sigh of relief. At least someone figured it out, with as obscure as her only guess had been. Why did it seem so like her to guess a peculiar creature rather than "truth?" Perhaps all the lies of the past had her thinking strangely. It seemed plausible.

As Diesel had suggested, the black and pink furred doe grabbed a hold of the lantern, staring at it strangely for a time before settling it in the best place she could find: hanging from one of her antlers. While it made her weight lopsided, it would have to do.

Of course, her eyes went to Misery, not missing his mentioning of "odd strangers." It made her think of her own appearance and she couldn't help but to chuckle once more, something that seemed to happen often. Even if he hadn't intended to include her in that, she felt as though she was. "It isn't as if you're all that normal yourself, Misery, am I right? I mean, everyone is odd, in one way or another. That's a fact of life."

Diesel actually admitting her relationship with Monjack didn't come as a surprise to her, having suspected it quickly enough. Since the buck specifically made sure to separated all the other bucks that were mate-less away from Diesel, it was painfully obvious, wasn't it? Though it seemed that things were not quite that set in stone between them, with the doe faltering as she was. Domino wondered just when this became an action game show with minor drama. Oh boy. At least she didn't make any comments about it. It wasn't her business, anyway.

Along the bridge, Domino followed in third place, behind Kanaya and Diesel, assuming that Misery would place Serena in front of him so that the doe was boxed in should something ill happen and she lose her footing. Oddly, Domino kept looking back as they walked, as if to check on the others behind her. Serena seemed like one of those typical sweetheart types and Domino would certainly help her should anything bad happen.

Before long, more events occurred. She watched as Diesel didn't seem to hesitate to jump the gap, nodded her head in silent agreement with her decision. "I'll come with you, Diesel," she declared, letting the other know so that she had time to back out of the way. Domino removed the lantern from her antler, clutching the ring that it hung from between her teeth in a deadly grasp. As if to mimic the other Jackalope, she stepped a few paces back, before jetting forward and hurling herself across the gap. Her landing came out almost graceful, landing on her front paws and pushing herself into a flip, keeping the lantern secure by letting all of her body hit the ground rather than it. Her antlers barely missed the floor. When she rolled onto her feet, she set the lantern down, trying to unscramble her rattled brain.

"Haha. I haven't done that for awhile. Those are some muscles that I haven't used in a long time!"
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Talcen on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

Xaviar grabbed onto the lantern and held it out in front of himself. He pitied the poor jackalope that was caught in the trap, but it was too risky to try to use alchemy to free him or her. He listened to Monjack read the riddle aloud and thought for a bit. Before he could say anything Essary guessed at the answer being a caterpillar. "I agree with Essary it's got to be a catrepillar. Nothing else would make much sense."
Talcen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

((I'm gonna pass on this round, sorry. My muse has been fickle, and I typed up a reply, and it got deleted somehow, and I just don't have the energy to re type it. Sorry guys. Just, say that Kanaya jumped safely across and kept going if you'd like. P:))
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

Monkjack's Group:

The golden jackalope looked at Essery and slowly it nodded. The trap sprung open and already Monkjack was there, blocking it's path, he smiled as it dawned on the pygmy jackalope that it was trapped. "You know something about the spirits; what is it? Why were you in the caves? Who are you?" He demanded, forgetting that it didn't seem to be able to speak. It let out a low growl before sitting down, and giving Monkjack a hateful glance. "Are you a servant of the spirits?" He asked, a little bit more warily, taking a few steps towards it.

It didn't answer, instead it just sat there glaring at the floor. Monkjack came closer still, his ears flicking back and forth as he did so - a nervous habit, perhaps. When he was just a few inches away from the jackalope it looked up suddenly, standing up and tackling Monkjack to the ground he slipped on the rock and the pygmy jackalope bolted over his head.

It left something behind, however. A vial and a skull - the caverns seemed to be littered with them. After a few moments, Monkjack stood up and swore at where the jackalope had disappeared off to. Finished with his colourful display of cursing, he sighed and turned to the rest of the group. "Sorry about that, but when I get my paws on that little golden freak, I swear he'll wish he had the spirits to protect him." It was an empty threat, he might pin the creature down but in all honesty he wasn't that much of a fighter.

"Essery, they're gross but you might want to take the vial and the skull. There's got to be a reason why vials and lanterns keep appearing everywhere. If we're unlucky we might find some more skulls too. Trust us to stumble on to a freaking spirit burial mound." Bad idea for a joke, now he was imagining ghosts in the hazy reflections being cast by the lanterns.

"Let's go, more slowly this time. I don't imagine that there's going to be another split path again. I'm not sure how far he can get."

Diesel's Group:

She nodded at Domino and Kanaya, and as she continued down the path. There was an odd reflection in the rocks, a glimmer here and there that didn't seem to belong to their lights. It wad too pale... the lanterns gave off a greenish hue that reflected back off the wet sandstone. This white light was all to similar to... "Daylight? Do you think there's an exit somewhere near here?" Diesel asked the rest of her group, unable to keep the excitement from her tone. They could be so close to the spirits it was unbelievable.

(( I apologise for the small post for Diesel's team. I'm running out of ideas and I don't want to ramble about Diesel's romantic feelings too much, there's only so much 'Monkjack's an ass, but I love him, but I hate him' even I can take. XDDDD ))
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:57 am

Essery watched curiously as the pygmy sprang free. He opened his mouth to ask the little jackalop a question, but Monkjack beat him to it. He didn't sound very nice, though, and wasn't surprised when the pygmy jackalope refused. Essery wouldn't want to talk to an unfriendly, threatening jackalope like Monkjack either. He wasn't expecting the pygmy jackalope to run off, either. He watched with disappointment as it disappeared down the tunnel. he hadn't even gotten to ask it a single question.

At least it all wasn't for nothing. They had something, even if those somethings weren't very pleasant. He picked up the vial and the...skull, trembling slightly. "Are you sure I have to carry it?" he almost whispered, looking to Eridan to see if he would be willing to carry one, preferably the skull. The skulls had to have gotten there somehow, right? It was once the head of a living jackalope who had died, died in those tunnels from...something. Starvation? Dehydration? Maybe something ate it. This wasn't working, his thoughts were just making him more paranoid. Essery shook his head and tried not to look the skull in the eye...sockets.
clack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top