The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done]

2 posters

Go down

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Empty Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done]

Post  Mousen Heath Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Snake
He was in trouble now, anyone could see that. The young jackalope's foot was caught in one of the human's traps, of course they hadn't realized that the jackalope had never seen them before, most of them weren't exactly keen on the idea of starting a war with the creatures. Monkjack figured that they wouldn't be back to check the traps before dawn, by then he'd be dead. It was cold all year round in Fenris forests and even now a good layer of snow covered the forest floor. He'd already been here about two hours, by his count, but it could have easily been five times longer, it certainly felt like it. Blood pooled around the trap and sank into the snow, things were beginning to look dire. In Monkjackj's eyes, things would be looking dire, if things weren't already starting to swirl. It was getting difficult to tell one part of the forest from the other, it was all just a blurr in his eyes.

The worst part was, his mate, Diesel was out there somewhere. She could have been lying stuck for longer than him, she was smaller than him, and even though she was possibly slightly better adapted to the cold weather she certainly would be the first one dead if she was stuck. For all he knew, she could already be lying limp, one of her legs mangled and caught in a vicious human trap...

Monkjack shook his head, he couldn't think like that. Even if he wasn't going to be okay, she would be.

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Empty Re: Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done]

Post  auntslappy282 Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Custom2

Eridan walked through the forest, just meandering. His whole face was buried as much as possible into his scarf because he was cold. His science wand was concealed in the depths of the scarf, in case he needed top use it. The snow was cold on his feet but he kept trekking. He made his way farther and farther when the familiar stench of blood hit his nose. Out right panic struck him and he started to run, only to stop and grab his wand. He ran quicker, wand in mouth. When the stench began to get stronger. He skidded to a hault and looked around a tree. He saw the scene, blood pooling around the familiar Jackalope. "Oh shit..."

Eridan quickly ran out from behind the tree and then towards Monkjack, the stench of blood making his eyes tear up. "Oh man! Are you okay? I need to get you out, hold up, this may hurt... A lot." He grabbed his wand and then tapped it a few times, and attempted to make it pry open the trap, only to have it not move one bit. He sighed and shoved it back into his scarf. He walked through the blood and looked at the trap. He studied it and pushed his paw gently between the grasps. He pushed it slightly, feeling the slight movement. "Are you okay with me getting you out of the trap?" He asked, a look of concern plastered on his face.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Empty Re: Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done]

Post  Mousen Heath Fri 29 Jul 2011, 6:21 am

Monkjack's ears moved slightly as he heard something moving through the forest. He didn't quite pick out what it was until the scarf-wearing jackalope was stood a few metres before him. "What?" He asked, slowly, his brain needing a few more seconds than usual to process what Eridan was saying. "Oh, right... Sorry. Er, not really. S'probably broken." He answered, his words slurring together ever so slightly. He needed to stay awake, damn it! "Eridan?" He asked suddenly as if Monkjack had just noticed who it was. "What are you doing here?"

"Er... sorry. I'm not quite..." He sighed rubbing the bridge of his snout. "Look, Eridan, Diesel's in the forest somewhere... You've got to find her, I dunno where she is. If gettin' me outta here's going to take much time, just go and try to find her, I'll be fine for now." He said, but in truth, he was far from fine. He closed his eyes again for a moment, he just needed to stay awake...
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 8:35 am

The concerned look on Eridans face hardened. "I'm sure that Diesel is fine. You don't look so swell. I'm gettin' you out of this trap before you die." His accent even thicker now that he was worried. He shoved his paw as much as he could into the trap and pulled... Slowly.. Very slowly, the traps grasp on Monkjacks leg was eased off. Eridan slightly shoved Monkjack out of the trap. He pried it the rest of the way open, and moved his horn gently into it's grasp and pressed the button at the bottom of the trap to reset it. He sighed and looked around for a stick. He grabbed a nearby one and popped the trap closed around the stick, breaking it.

Eridan looked at Monkjack and sighed. He was bleeding, still. He looked around for something to use to help stop the blood flow, but up here, there was no leaves or cobwebs. He thought for a second and took his scarf off from around his neck, wrapping it tightly around the injured Jackalopes leg. He shoved his want in it to make a slight cast to keep the bone and leg straight. He looked at Monkjack. "Get on my back. Were gonna go look for Diesel. You are in no shape to move on your own," He said, leaning closer to the blood soaked snow so Monkjack could wiggle easier onto his back.

((Now Eridans gonna need a new scarf, and wand! xD))
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 31 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

"What? I thought you were... Diesel's number one fan, it would be so easy for you... to just leave me here. You'd have a better... chance with her, if I was out of the picture." He said between breaths, perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing for him to say at that point. But he wasn't exactly that capable of making really intelligent decisions at that precise moment in time. Monjack felt the pressure lift off his injured leg and he sighed, sitting up a little and leaning against a tree. His leg still hurt like crazy, but without the metal teeth gripping into him, it was definitely lessened. "Thank you." He breathed, still rather amazed that Eridan would help him like that.

He was further amazed when the jackalope used his scarf (and something else, Monkjack couldn't quite see what) to create a splint. "No, I'll be okay." He wouldn't be, he was just saying that. Monkjack was the kind of jackalope that would try to not except help from anyone. He tried to hop forward a tad, only to come crashing down into the snow as his legs buckled beneath him. He laughed a little, sounding a touch unhinged. "Well that goes that plan." Upon deciding that he would need Eridan's help again, he managed to find an odd mix off unbalanced limping and leaning on the grey jackalope.

(( Awhr, Eridan is so kind. Especially considering the fact that Monkjack is a grumpy old sod. xD; ))
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:54 pm

Eridan took the insults like he did with all of the others he had taken in his life. Like a pile of garbage, rotting in the forest, never to be seen again. He sighed. "If I let you die here, Diesel would never be able to love some one who left her mate behind to die. It's not true love, and I'll never do it again," His accent continuing to get heavier and more prominent. His lip quivered slightly as he remembered everything that had happened to him. Why was he so terrible to her? Only to kill her in the end, and the one she loved. He bit his lip to stop tears from coming down his face. He had a mission, and that mission was to find Diesel and keep Monkjack alive.

He grabbed Monkjack's injured foot as softly and possible and managed to put it over his shoulder. He wouldn't let Monkjack die. He would never be the one to kill someone ever again. Ever. He had to much blood on his hands as it was. He looked over at Monkjack. "Do you have any clue where she may have gone?" He said. He looked over at the wounded Jackalope. He sighed. "No, you need medical attention as soon as possible. Your girl friend can wait." He turned to head out of the forest, mentally marking where he found Monkjack.

((Eridan tries his hardest after his past. XD))
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

Monkjack winced, gritting his teeth. "I'm fine." he growled, repeating himself. "If she was caught in one of these after we spit up, she'll be dead, Eridan. You've got to find her, I admit she's smarter than me, but she won't be expecting a huge bloody trap thing." Monkjack was a creature of the plains, he could hope with heat, but not with the cold. He was icy to the touch.

Footsteps could be heard just a few metres away, something large was walking through the forest, something distinctly bipedal. Monkjack's ears twitched slightly, and he looked towards Eridan worriedly. Into the small clearing stepped a fairly average height man, with dark curly hair and light brown eyes, it was obvious he hadn't shaven for several days and his appearance was all of that of a--

"Poacher." Monkjack spat suddenly, apparently regarding the man with much contempt.

From the whistle in his pocket, to nets and (humane traps) in his bag, he was indeed a poacher. "Good god, Jack. What the 'ell 'appened to you?" The man's eyes looked worriedly over his leg. "I'll murder those 'unters, honestly. Do they even think at all?" With that he bent down and picked up the jackalope in his arms, and he was possibly one of the first humans on Aeris to ever be able to do such a thing. Monkjack sat awkwardly in the poacher's arms, like an overgrown cat.

"Put me down, Fin." He replied closing his eyes. "I hate being up here."

Deciding to ignore that comment, he turned to Eridan, quickly looking over his frame for any injuries. "You okay? While I might be a poacher, I don't like to eat the things that talk." He laughed softly, at this. "I'm Finbar." There wasn't much of a language difference between the two species, it was more of an accent at best, as the two languages seemed to come from the same root. Though this man seemed to be speaking jackalope. That was possibly the only thing stranger than him being on first name terms with the feral jackalope, then again the feral often sought less judgemental company, perhaps, being a poacher by trade this man had also sought someone who wouldn't judge him by his trade.

[color=olive]"Eridan, you gotta go find Diesel, she could be anywhere." He wasn't going to give this up, was he?
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Eridan had to hold "Your top priority right now. Your practically BLEEDIN' TO DEATH!!" Eridan hissed. He felt the coldness of Monkjack on his shoulders. He began to walk forward again, but when he heard the footsteps, he stopped, ready to attack if he had to. Or in the least, protect Monkjack so he wouldn't die. He stood in a fighting stance and then his muscles tightened when the man showed up, but relaxed, realizing it was a human. Oh did he miss the faces of those little kids.

Eridan attempted to stop the Poacher from taking Monkjack away from him, but he thought better of it. He was still in shock that there were actually humans here. "Man... There are actually humans here. I-I don't believe it..," Eridan muttered to himself. He was still in shock from the events that took place a few months ago.

Eridan was shaken out from his own thoughts when the poacher addressed him specifically. He shoock his head in reply. "No-No, I'm fine. My friend here isn't.. If you could give him medical attention that would be amazin'... Oh, I'm Eridan..." He paused, looking around. He nodded at Monkjacks request. He needed to help Diesel, or at least find her before Monkjack flipped out and died on him.

"Yeah.. I-I'll go find her. Just-Just don't you dare die on me! Oh, and you owe me a new scarf!" Eridan said, before heading back to the bear trap. He needed to find Diesel, before he, himself died on a trap. He could see that happening too. What a pathetic Jackalope he was. He hoped off until he was obscured by the tree's, looking for any sign of Diesel.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 14 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

"It's not that bad..." He muttered quietly. "Well... I'm not dead yet." It seemed even he was beginning to realize the gravity of the situation.

Finbar looked towards Eridan worriedly, after what he'd just seen was he in any state to be looking for Diesel? The dark haired man pulled off the scarf from around his neck and wrapped it around Eridan, he seemed exceptionally comfortable around jackalope. Most humans regarded found them rather intimidating, most wouldn't dream of going near one, let along wrapping a scarf around one. "You're probably in shock, I can't do no more for you, but be careful." The human took of his coat, too wrapping up Monkjack in it.

"Eridan, right. Well Monkjack probably owes you his life. I'm taking him over to Bjorn, the little village just outside of here. Just walk south when you find her and you should come across it." He wasn't happy about the state of him, having to go through the trauma of finding the feral jackalope like that. Still, there was very little he could do. He was a poacher not a doctor.

At the Eridan's words, the semi-concious Monkjack smiled. "I don't plan to die just yet, thank you very much. And sure, any scarf you like." Finbar headed south, towards the village of Bjorn.

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:36 am

Eridan stopped before he was completely gone and smiled at Monkjack. "You better not, and you bet I'll enjoy that!" He said before actually hopping off. He followed the scent of the blood on the ground back to the bear trap where Monkjack was sitting just moments ago. He sighed slightly and then began to wander in the opposite direction from where he entered the scene. He sniffed a bit, but realized his sense of smell was useless. He began to look for any sign of anything. Like a foot print or a piece of fur.

The forest was rather quiet, and made him a little edgy. It reminded him much of the planet he had to do things on in Sgrub. It was secluded and he was all alone... Again. After a while though, of ending up in these types of situations, he had gotten used to it, finding the silence slightly comforting and nothing that was scary. He was used to being ignored and completely mocked every day of his life. He shook his head slightly and then began to focus back on the job of searching.

(sorry it's short and crappy. XD;; )
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

Food For Flies [P, Aunty. Possible M] [Done] Custom10

Diesel had been wandering around in circles for the past half an hour. Snow crunched beneath her tiny feet, the ice stinging her pawpads. It was freezing here, and she had yet to find Monkjack. In all honestly, she had no idea where the buck had gone and (rightly so) she was beginning to worry. Hesitant to call out, incase it attracted any unwanted company, she traipsed though the forest, jumping at any little sound. Logic to a fault, she tried not to let her emotions get the better of her in any situation, but she was scared now. Diesel, normally perceived as something cold an immovable, a detached sneering presence that despite being an utter pain did things for the best. Right now, however she was just another lost doe, like those pathetic ones in those fairytales she used to read about as a kit.

The paths had all been covered with snow, the only foot prints she saw were those of herself and some of the local wildlife. Apart from a few mice, and possibly a few crows, she was completely alone. The snowfall only seemed to be getting heavier, and completely clueless as to weather she was going the wrong way, the young doe picked up speed and started to hurry through the forest.

"Anyone? Anyone there?!" Diesel shouted once out of desperation.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

Eridan made his way through the forest. As the weather began getting worse, he coughed. He had always been very sensitive to the cold. The ocean was always warm where he lived back in Alternia. His cough worsened, and then he heard a cry sounding like a does behind him. "Diesel?!" He yelled as he began running towards the sound. Fog began to thicken around the clearing, and Eridan had some issues seeing where he was going. Eventually, he ran into something, or it ran into him, causing both objects to fly backwards and roll a bit. Eridan flew off into a snow bank, head first.

After a long fight, Eridan finally managed to get his head out from the large snow bank. He coughed and sputtered a few times, after finally managing be get the snow out from his fur and mouth. He knew his fur was rather poofy at this rate, but he didn't care much. He was cold and his cough was getting increasingly worse. He looked around for the object he had ran into, and finally saw Diesel. He ran over to her, and made sure she was alright. "Diesel? Are you alright?" Eridan said with another sputtering cough.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Diesel's ears pricked up, she heard a voice... A distinct voice at that, it couldn't possibly be...? Her question was answered as a certain grey and purple creature ran right into her, she flew backwards a good few inches, sinking into the snow. Quickly, she found someone helping her up, and she smiled jumping up and flinging her arms around his neck. "Eridan! Oh spirits, I thought I was completely lost! You're not lost are you? Are you okay? You're absolutely freezing! Oh, spirits, have you seen Monkjack? We got lost and I'm worried about him, anything could have happened!" She exclaimed, her words tripping over each other due to her relief.

The doe took a breath and stepped backwards, looking a little sheepish. "Sorry, Eridan, I just... Well, I expecting the worst to happen. I'm just glad I'm not freezing to death." She looked down for a moment before turning back to him. "What are you doing here anyway?"
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

Eridan sighed in relief as Diesel flung her arms around him. He hugged her back, and listened to all her ramblings. He could understand that she was worried, but she needed to relax. Eridan nodded and then thought through his answers thoughtfully. Oh he would not enjoy telling Diesel what happened to Monkjack. He took a deep breath, followed by a staggering cough. "Well lets start from the beginin' shall we?" He said with a half hearted smile.

"Well first off, I first came here to just explore, then I found... Well Mon not in the brightest of situations. He was.... well, trapped in a hunters trap. He's fine now, since I found him and saved him. We ran into a hunter who he apparently knew, and he took him, which is where I came to come look for you. I'm not lost... Yet... I'm fine, yes, just have always been rather sensitive to the cold," He said with another cough.

"We need to head back to Mon and the hunter before he dies of worry. Or I die of freezin'," He said with a half hearted laugh. He shook himself and began heading back where he needed to go, though the fog was thick, and it was rather hard to see where he was going. He just hoped he could make it back before something bad happened again.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

Diesel's eyes widened in surprise as Eridan told her what had happened to Monkjack, she put a paw over her mouth and tried to swallow the lump in her throat. Just after they'd split up, Diesel had some across one of those traps, it just hadn't clicked that a jackalope could get stuck in one, to think that she'd been worried for the deer... "A poacher. There's a difference, he's probably gone with Finbar." She said after a few minutes of silence, it surprised her to hear how much her voice was shaking.

"H-how was he? Oh spirits, I probably sound like an idiot right now." She brushed some snow out of her eyes, before turning back to Eridan suddenly. "And what about you? You sound you're choking to death!" The doe yelled suddenly, grabbing the scarf Finbar gave him and brushing the snow off where it had been trailing across the ground. Diesel then wrapped it around his throat and head, if the situation hadn't been so serious, Diesel would have laughed, he looked ridiculous like that. "C'mon, let's hurry back, I'm sure you came from this direction."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:14 am

A deep vibrant purple blush formed on Eridans cheeks as Diesel wrapped the scarf around him. He tried to focus on what she had said earlier. "Y-Yes a poacher. Finbar was his name, yes. My memory seems to be failing me worse then usual," He said with a slight laugh. The scarf was nice and warm around his neck. His blush finally fell from his face, but he felt all warm and fuzzy inside. He was such a love sap, and he knew it. It was probably what the others labeled him as pathetic. He shook the rest of the snow off of his back and then he began to continue in the direction, answering Diesels questions as he continued.

"Mon should be fine. I'm fine, I-I just tend to be really sensitive to the cold. Something that has been going on for a long time now." He said, coughing again, but slightly less. He nodded at Diesel and then ran quicker through the fog. "I'm pretty sure I know where to go from here to get back to the poachers house! Come on Die!" He said over his shoulder.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

"That's probably because you're freezing to death." She said, sharply. "And if you freeze to death while I'm around, I tell you now Mister you'll wish you hadn't. You are to not get frost bite or freeze to death, you hear?" Diesel said, as if by nagging him she could actually stop him from freezing. Still it gave them both something to concentrate on, Diesel wasn't so good at showing affection but she had a way of letting you know she cared. Even if that way was yelling at you while you were in trouble.

She nodded and followed him, eventually the little village of Bjorn came into view. The warm little lights in the snow was a whole world away from the near pitch-black forest. Part of the white jackalope wanted to run off to find Monkjack straight away, but she paused before doing so. "Eridan? You okay? We're here!" Sat against one of the small burrows, huddled up against the snow was Finbar. Half a cigarette smoked slightly in his hand. The minute she saw Diesel and Eridan he threw it aside and rushed to pick up the little doe.

"Put me down!" She yelled.
"But you're so fluffy!" Finbar said. Wrapping is coat around her, a puppy-dog look coming into his eyes.
"Down. Now."
Finbar rolled his eyes and placed her on the floor, taking off his own coat to place on Eridan. The over sized coat swamped the poor creature, though it did look rather warm.
"How's Jack?"
"He'll live."
"His leg?"
"He's still got four of them. He's really out of it at the minute though, I wouldn't recommend talking to him for now"
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:00 am

Somehow, her harsh words comforted him. It reminded him of how Karkat would yell at him, telling him exactly how badly he had screwed up. Eridan smiled slightly and then nodded saying, "I'll try not to freeze to death," He said. He continued on his way towards the small town of Bjorn, and once it turned into view, he smiled. The feeling of relief filled his veins. He was about to flop down in the snow and sigh as he rest or freeze to death. He had accomplished something and had let hope finally in. It felt good to help someone and not just screw up.

He kept walking though, at least until he saw Finbar and he grabbed Diesel. He smiled before flopping himself down in the snow. He was tired, and cold. He listened to what he said before smiling and letting out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that Mon is still alive... Thanks Fin," He said, smiling slightly. He really only wanted to sink into the snow and hibernate, but he wouldn't, for he didn't have enough time. He still needed to make sure the silly Jackalope would live.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:15 pm

"C'mon, according to Finbar there's a small family of jackalope willing to take you in for the time being. After all, it'd be sad if you froze to death." Diesel said, grabbing Eridan by the paw and forcefully dragging him toward the particular burrow.

Diesel herself made her way back to the burrow where Monkjack was, she knocked gently before entering. Monkjack was sleeping at the time and healer, who was actually a young aelurs smiled slightly as she entered. They were perceptive creatures at the best of times, she must have known who it was because she said. "There's a spare burrow for your human friend, he'll just about get in there. As for this guy here, he should be fine, save for a few scars. The bone's broken, but it was a fairly clean break. Just give it time. There's a bed there for you." She gestured to a straw and moss set-up, typical of the jackalope. She nodded, before realizing that the aelurs wouldn't be able to see it. "Yes, thank you." She said quickly. The aelurs descended deeper into the burrow.

The next morning, Diesel was awoken by someone throwing small clumps of moss at her head. "Monkjack?"
"Good morning! Rise and shine!" He was sat up, one leg wrapped up in many layers of gauze a split making sure that the bone was kept straight. Though there was a ridiculous grin on his face.
She smiled, and rolled to her feet. "I was really worried about you."
"I know."

There a moment of silence, before Diesel flung her arms around him. "I'm glad you're all right."
"You too."
"... Oh! I'd better tell Eridan you're okay. "
Monkjack smiled and nodded his head.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down